Deloitte Interview Experience by Utkarsh Mishra | Full Time | Virtual On Campus 2020




Deloitte conducted a recruitment drive to hire Final year students for the role of Analyst.
They allowed CS,IT,ECE,EE,ME,CE,CHE from B.Tech, MCA and M.Tech students to register for the ongoing recruitment.
The recruitment process consisted of three steps:

ROUND 1(ONLINE TEST)


The test had three sections and was conducted on AMCAT.
The sections were

  • Qualitative Aptitude
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Verbal Ability

Questions were quite easier than expected with sufficient practice one can solve most of the questions.

The Logical Reasoning section was a bit difficult but that’s because of time constraint.

Qualitative Aptitude comprised of questions you must be familiar with if you are practising aptitude from time to time.

The Verbal Ability section had questions to check your vocabulary, your understanding for grammatical errors, how well you can comprehend a passage etc.


ROUND 2(JUST A MINUTE)

 

It was up to the organisation to go with either JAM or Group Discussion, so for our college they went with JAM.

Deloitte mostly opts for topics that are related to technology like Augmented Reality in retail market, Cryptocurrency, Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, E commerce etc.

My topic was Drones- revolution or menace, I tried to put as much balanced view as I can, I expressed myself with simple vocabulary, no fancy words, tried not to repeat the same idea again and again with different sentences.
 

They basically check how you channelise your thoughts, how well you inculcate diversified ideas in your speech.


ROUND 3(INTERVIEW ROUND)



My interview was conducted over Zoom and went on for 30-35 minutes.

The HR started the interview with casual questions like how am I, How am I spending my time during this Corona period, these questions were actually like an ice breaker as now I was quite comfortable talking to him.

After that he asked me to elaborate all my projects mentioned in my resume, while I was doing that he was asking questions in between from time to time.

He asked questions from OOPs concepts about static and dynamic binding, what is the idea behind encapsulation etc.

Later he switched to RDBMS and asked about conflict serialisability, view serialisability, time stamping protocol etc.

As my branch is Chemical Engineering he asked me to give him insights about various subjects we study, what chemical Engineers do in ‘real world’.

He then asked me to convince him that even after being a chemical engineer I am suitable for this job, what made me divert from my core subjects to programming.

After that I was told to ask any question I have in mind, now that’s a door to show the HR that you are really ardent about the organisation by asking them questions that anyone who has well explored the structure, functioning, work culture of that organisation or the one who was attentive during PPT can only ask.
 

The interview ended here, I thanked him for the opportunity he gave me.

After a few hours they conducted a debriefing and announced the results.

The PPT, JAM, Interview and Debriefing were on the same day so it was pretty hectic.


Result- Selected
All the best!

- Utkarsh Mishra




Comments