Citicorp Interview Experience by Sheetal Singh | Full-Time | Virtual On-Campus 2020



Citicorp came to hire final year students for full-time analyst role for their office in Chennai. The

entire process consisted of 3 rounds.

First-round- Online Test (Time - 2 hours) : 

The test was conducted on AMCAT

platform and had 4 sections:- Quantitative aptitude, Logical Reasoning , Technical Questions and

2 coding questions. The questions were easy and could be solved easily if a person has good

practice. Since the number of questions were more and time less , candidates should maintain a

good speed while solving the questions. All the questions were compulsory to attend and there

was no negative marking. It is better to not waste time on a single question if you feel you are

not able to solve it easily and the question is taking a lot of time.

Coding questions were easy and required basic STL and DS knowledge. One of my questions

required basic knowledge of Graph Data Structure.

32 students were shortlisted for the further process.

Second round- Technical Interview (Time - 30-40 minutes) : 

The interview was

again conducted on AMCAT platform and I was asked to share my resume in the chat box. There

were two panel- members. Firstly I was asked to introduce myself and then the panel members

took a good look at my resume. They started by asking about the project which I had done during

my internship- What was the motive of my project, what all difficulties did I face during the

project, how did I overcome those difficulties, why did I choose to use those specific techstack.

Then they moved on to my next project and they told me to explain it. After that I was given a

coding question to solve which was something like thisi/p- size of the array -n, elements of the array

o/p- elements displayed in the decreasing order of their frequency

E.g.:- i/p- 20

 1,1,2,2,3,3,3,3,4,4,4,4,4,4,5,6,6,6,6,6

 o/p- 4,4,4,4,4,4,6,6,6,6,6,3,3,3,3,1,1,2,2,5

I was able to solve this question.

Then they moved on to ask some basic questions like what is pointer, how is it useful, what is the

difference between static binding and dynamic binding, what are the differences between C &

C++, differences between C++ and JAVA, what is OOPs, questions on abstraction,

encapsulation, inheritance, polymorphism. I had mentioned MySQL , DBMS in my resume so

some questions were asked on those topics also (JOINS, data types, Normalisation, etc). I had

also mentioned about a project on ECE which I did during my first year, some basic questions

were asked on that too.

 Then they asked, being a student of ECE branch, why did I choose software. They also asked

where do I see myself in the next 2 years and will I be interested in pursuing higher studies. After

that I was asked what all I know about Citi.

At last I was asked if I had any questions for the panel members - I asked about the teams in Citi

and what all technologies do they work on.

It is advised that you mention only those things in your resume which you know well and are

confident about because each and everything in my resume was asked and discussed. Also, you

should have some basic information about the company you are sitting for.

10 students were selected for further process.

Third round- HR Interview (Time - 10-15 minutes) : 

This round was the last round

and this was also conducted on AMCAT platform. I was asked to share my resume in the chat

box. The first question that I was asked was whether I had any problem with the location to

which I replied NO.The interviewer asked me about my previous internship and what all did I

learn from that experience. Since my previous internship was with a FinTech company, he asked

if I had developed interest in Finance. Then he moved on to my hobbies and interests. We had a

small discussion on novels. Then he asked if I had previously worked as a team anywhere and

how did I come to a conclusion in case of some conflicts of ideas. Lastly I was given a scenario

-I had to suppose that I was mentoring a girl who hasn't yet decided whether she was interested

in Finance or not , what would be the 3 steps I would ask her to follow to discover her interest

and succeed in the field she decides.

Lastly I was asked if I had any questions for him - I asked what are the expectations of Citi from

fresh graduates.

Be confident enough while answering questions and do not panic. Take a moment to think before

you answer.

The result was announced later that night and 7 students were selected. Luckily, I was one of

them :)

All the Best !


Sheetal Singh

ECE2k21

Comments