Myntra Interview Experience by Anzum Bano | Fulltime | Virtual On Campus 2020



MYNTRA

Online Test (90 minutes) on Hackerrank platform

● Test consisted of ​ 6 coding questions​ and 5

Technical MCQs​ (total 11 questions)

● MCQs were from data structures and sorting algorithms.

● Coding questions were medium to hard level and covered maximum areas within 6

questions

1. Given a string consisting of bars( | ) and stars( * ), now a stream of queries are entered

each query contains 2 numbers (say p and q) ,find the number of stars lying between 2

bars within p and q (both included).

testcase-> **|**||*

Input :- 1,8 (1 based indexing)

Output -> 2 (stars at index 4,5 are confined within bars between given indexes).

Precomputation was required as queries needed to be run at constant complexity

according to constraints.

2. I don't remember this question exactly but it was a query problem that needed some

precomputation using stack and then answer queries in O(1).

3. Variation of Painter's problem of binary search.

4. This was a graph problem, you are given a weighted undirected graph where weight of

edge denoted time taken to travel between 2 nodes , and every node has an associated

beauty value with it, given a starting node and time, you need to find maximum total

beauty you can see with the condition that you have to come back at starting point within

given time.

5. Variation of activity selection problem (had to be done using dp to pass all test cases)

6. Variation of coin change problem (had to be done using dp to pass all test cases)

Branches allowed were only CS and IT and out of 162 students who appeared for the online

test, 12 were shortlisted for interview rounds. I was one of them.

Those who could do 4.5+ coding questions and got almost all MCQs correct were shortlisted.

Interviews:-

Technical Interview (Round 1)-> (1 hour)

 First the Interviewer asked me to introduce myself and tell something which is not there in my resume,   then he shifted straight away to coding,(codepair editor was shared)

1. Given a binary matrix, find the number of lonely islands in it, lonely island means a 1 with

no other 1 in the same row or column.Example: 0 0 0 1

0 1 0 0

0 0 0 1

1 at index (1,1) is lonely as no other 1 in same row or column

whereas other 2 1’s are not lonely.

https://leetcode.com/problems/special-positions-in-a-binary-matrix/

We discussed various approaches and finally I coded an O(n2) solution using O(n) extra

spaces. He asked me to dry run it on various corner cases, I was successful in doing so, and he

looked satisfied.

2. Second question was based on dijkstra algorithm, i was given n number of buses and

cities travelled by each bus, i had to tell minimum number of bus i need to switch for a

given pair of source and destination, we discussed from brute force dfs and reached

upto dijkstra, he asked me to code that and run it on various test cases, i did that and he

was happy with the solution.

8 candidates made it to second round

Technical Interview(Round 2) :- (1 hour)

Interview started with a normal introduction, and then shifted to codepair as in the first round.

https://www.interviewbit.com/problems/order-of-people-heights/

First I gave an O(n2) solution, she asked me to optimise it further then I gave an O(nlogn)

solution, she asked me to code both on codepair and gave some test cases to dry run, my

solution passed those she was convinced.

Given a 2*3 matrix containing numbers 0-5, find minimum number of swaps (if not possible

return -1) to arrange them as (1 2 3

given condition that you can swap 0 with any adjacent

Number in 1 swap.

4 5 0)

I gave both dfs and bfs based solution, she asked me to explain dfs solution using pseudo code,

And then code bfs solution and run on some test cases by my own, she accepted the solution.

6 candidates made it to third round

Managerial Round (Round 3) :- (40 min) (google hangouts)

Interviewer first introduced himself, his team and work on myntra and asked me what I expect

from myntra. After all these discussions, he moved to my resume, and asked me to choose one

project i want to explain, he listened about it and then asked a lot of cross questions. Then he

asked about my previous internship and experience.Then he asked me my favourite data structures, I chose maps then he asked questions on

ordered and unordered maps, their internal implementation etc.

Then he asked if i know how google doc works, its synchronization etc, i told him that i never

studied about that, he asked me to think of a solution then. We discussed critical sections, time

stamps, load balancing etc ( was not a system design round, but discussion shifted over that) at

the end I concluded possible approaches, he looked happy.

5 candidate made it to final HR round

HR Round (Round 4):- (30 min)

Introduction from both ends, asked about my internship experiences, my hobbies (as our

hobbies matched, had a long discussion on literature and poetries), then he asked me about

some team work i did and challenges faced there, i also asked some questions about myntra

lifestyle etc.

4 candidates were selected, and I was one of them.


Anzum Bano 

IT2k21

Comments